Sunday was Part 1 of the fashion competition prize, sponsored by Tammy and Bliss. (Part 2 happens when the winning dress is featured in the June issue of Bliss. You know. In that typical fashion competition way. NOT!!!)
Anyway, Part 1 involved Jewel (yes, that is her real name – I know!) and her mum coming to London and meeting up with me and the fabulous Mary Byrne, my publicist and all-round wonderful person (as you can see here) at the V&A.
Jewel is 11, much cooler than me, and an aspiring fashion designer. I hope she enjoyed the day as much as I did.
The day went like this …
- Drinks at the V&A cafe – the one mentioned in Threads, with the incredible decor and glorious lights.
- An extended visit to the V&A shop. I bought 2 necklaces, a purse, a good luck charm made out of bits of kimono and several postcards. Jewel was more restrained.
- Oh yes, a London Fashion Week show. The Matthew Williamson one. We were opposite Twiggy, Sienna Miller, Zandra Rhodes, Joan Burstein (from Browns; fashion legend; I think she smiled at me) and someone Mary thought might be Lady Gaga. He wasn’t.
- By the way, I’m hoping to get a fashion report from Jewel when she’s done stuff like school and homework. When it comes in, I’ll share it with you.
- After the show, we were standing about and I spotted someone I thought looked like Scott Schuman, the guy who created my favourite blog EVER, the SartoriaList. Scott is a street photographer. He takes pictures of cool people looking chic without trying too hard. If I need a bit of fashion inspiration, I check out his site. Anyway, it was Scott. I went over and said hi [Major Fashion Moment] and introduced Jewel. And Scott asked if he could photograph her. So she coolly posed for him. This is the street photography equivalent of coolly posing for Mario Testino.
- Later, Jewel went off to spend her Tammy vouchers (more of her prize) at the Oxford Street Bhs.
- I went home to recover.
- All I can say is, Jewel rocks.