I’ve been awarded an award. By Justine Windsor, whose Welshcake blog is the first place I turn to when I should be writing my book. THANK YOU JUSTINE. I really don’t know what to say.
Except I do, because this award comes with strict instructions. I quote:
1. Copy and paste the pretty picture which you see above onto your own blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify your 7 bloggers.
So here we go. Done the picture. Done the thank you and the link. Here are the 7 things.
- My favourite current TV programme is Phineas and Ferb (on Disney). Which is lucky because my husband and both boys are also addicted and the three year-old needs to watch about 14 episodes a day. You think I’m exaggerating for effect. I’m not.
- I once came second in a talent competition at school dancing to Dancing Queen by Abba. What was I thinking?
- I cry at the end of The Railway Children. ‘Daddy. My Daddy.’ Gets me every time.
- I really don’t have that many pairs of shoes. I haven’t bought any so far this season. Oh. Until yesterday. Drat.
- My favourite all time song is Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick by Ian Dury and the Blockheads.
- I was once kissed by Ann Bancroft (look her up, young people) on the set of Young Winston. And no, this didn’t remotely feed into the ‘kissed by a movie star on set’ scene in the book. Not even subliminally.
- I have a pair of lucky earrings. They totally work.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award:
- Emily Gale
- Jenny Davies (WondrousReads)
- Keris Stainton
- Luisa Plaja (Chicklish)
- Aprilynne Pike
- Sarwat Chadda
- Sarah Dessen (who as well as being an amazing writer and exemplary blogger, also has the best blogging address. And who didn’t cheat and watch Stephanie Meyer on Oprah on YouTube like the rest of us – which is BAD, by the way, because of lack of repeat fees and stuff – but is waiting for them to repeat it on TV. She is SUCH a good girl.)
Enjoy your award, girls (and boy, Sarwat). You deserve it.